Stars and Stripes Cookies
- Please your patriotic palate with these delectable, fun Stars and Stripes Cookies treats. Drizzled with red, white and blue icing, these star-shaped cookies are easy to prepare and taste great with milk or coffee.
- ●1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, well chilled
- ●All-purpose flour
- ●1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ●1 tablespoon milk, plus extra to reach desired consistency
- ●1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●Red food coloring
- ●Blue food coloring
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Sprinkle flour onto work surface. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cut into star shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets with spatula.
Combine sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla extract in small bowl. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Set aside one-third of icing. Divide remaining icing between two bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other; stir well.
Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until light brown around edges. Smaller cutters and sharp edges tend to produce darker cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Pipe, spoon or spread red, white and blue icing onto cookies to create stripes.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.