Praline Upside Down Chocolate Cake
- ●1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- ●3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ●3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●½ teaspoon salt
- ●1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ●¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, melted and cooled slightly
- ●1 cup lowfat milk
- ●¼ cup NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Dulce de Leche
- ●¼ teaspoon coarse salt
Combine pecans, brown sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter in a small bowl. Spread evenly on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Beat granulated sugar, ¾ cup softened butter and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk just until combined. Drop mixture in spoonfuls over pecan layer; carefully spread to edges of pan.
Bake at 350° F for 28 to 32 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Invert cake onto a serving platter so pecan layer is now on the top. Place dulce de leche in a small, resealable plastic bag; microwave for a few seconds. Knead bag to soften. Cut small corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.