Pies & Tarts
Perfect Match Blueberry Lemon Pie
- If you like blueberry pie, you’ll love this twist on a summer classic! This Perfect Match Blueberry Lemon Pie is a 1st Prize winning recipe. It combines lemon pudding with cream cheese and NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Premier White Morsels for a sumptuous filling, then is topped with blueberry preserves. Perfect for picnics and family reunions! From the kitchen of Merna Hanson of Juniata, NE.
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups flaked oat cereal with blueberries, slightly crushed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) lemon pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup blueberry preserves
Grease 10-inch pie plate.
Place 1 cup morsels and butter in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in cereal until coated. Press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
Combine pudding mix, sugar, egg yolks and water in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1 cup morsels; stir until melted. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until filling is set.
Spoon blueberry preserves over pie just before serving.