Pies & Tarts
Rosemary-Kissed Chocolate Satin Tart
- Chocolate embraces a savory enhancement in this decadent dessert. With the infusion of fresh rosemary, taste buds - and hearts - will flutter.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 cups ground shortbread cookies
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1/3 cup fresh mint sprigs
- Sweetened whipped cream for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place ground cookies, butter and sugar in food processor; process until mixture clumps together. Press onto bottom of ungreased 9- or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
Bake for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Place morsels in large bowl; set aside. Whisk together evaporated milk and egg yolks in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in rosemary. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is very hot (not boiling) and thickens slightly. Strain mixture over morsels, pressing against rosemary to release flavor. Stir mixture until morsels are melted and mixture is completely smooth.
Pour into crust; refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Top each slice with dollop of whipped cream before serving.