Homemade Chocolate-Glazed Angel Food Cake
- Indulge in something truly divine with this recipe for HomemadeChocolate-Glazed Angel Food Cake. Drizzled with a decadentchocolate glaze and served with a side of vanilla frozen yogurt or fresh,seasonal fruit, this guilt-free dessert offers sinfully delicious flavor.
- ●3/4 cup cake flour
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- ●12 large egg whites
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup powdered sugar
- ●2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●2 tablespoons hot water
- ●Vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Sift flour, 1/3 cup cocoa and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in medium bowl.
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. With mixer running, gradually beat in remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, one-third at a time. Spoon batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom.
Bake for 35 to 38 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Cool by turning the cake (in the pan) upside down, propping on top of a bottle until it cools to room temperature. Run knife around the cake to loosen, then invert onto a serving plate.
Combine powdered sugar, remaining cocoa and water in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of cake, letting it drip down naturally. Let glaze set for 30 minutes or until hard. Serve with vanilla frozen yogurt, if desired.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.