Chocolate Mayan Bundt Cake
12 to 16 servings
- A unique twist on a favorite. This Bundt cake is infused with chocolate and cayenne flavors and topped with an elegant chocolate glaze.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 OZ (283 g)
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, 3/4 cup butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely. Transfer cake to serving platter.
Microwave remaining 1/3 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in medium bowl. Form a well; pour in melted butter, whipping cream, pinch of salt and melted chocolate. Stir until blended. If necessary, add remaining powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until pouring or drizzling consistency is reached. Spoon chocolate glaze over top of cake. Let stand until glaze is firm.