No-Bake Mini "Sundae" Sweets
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●6 cups miniature marshmallows
- ●1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- ●8 cups crispy rice cereal
- ●1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- ●Assorted sprinkles and sugars
- ●1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
- ●24 maraschino cherries, blotted dry
Spray large bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat, marshmallows and butter in large, heavy-duty 6-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until smooth. Remove from heat.
Working quickly, stir in cereal. Carefully transfer mixture to prepared bowl. Cool for 5 minutes.
Line baking sheet with wax paper. Spray 24 mini muffin cups and hands with nonstick cooking spray.
Press about 1/3 cup marshmallow mixture into prepared muffin cups, shaping mixture above cups into rounded “ice cream scoop” shapes with ice cream scoop or two tablespoons.
Microwave 1 1/4 cups morsels and vegetable shortening in dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 45 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Dip tops of sundaes in chocolate. Immediately decorate with sprinkles and remaining 1/4 cup morsels. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Store in airtight containers. Before serving, top each “sundae” with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a cherry.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.