- The two ingredients which make these extraordinary cookies special are the combination of oats and butterscotch chips. These Oatmeal Scotchies will disappear from your cookie jar in no time.
- ●1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
- ●3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- ●1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
PAN COOKIE VARIATION:
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.