NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Stars and Stripes Cookies
- Celebrate the freedom to express your creativity with this recipe for NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Stars and Stripes Cookies. An inspired display of American pride - these star-shaped cookies are decorated with red juicy strawberries and plump blueberries on velvety white cream cheese - all topped with a sprinkle of chocolate chip mini morsels. These star-spangled cookies are the perfect Independence Day treat.
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 24 fresh, medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Roll cookie dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two pieces of wax paper. Remove top piece of paper. Cut cookie dough into stars with 3-inch star cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheet(s). (If stars are too hard to remove from wax paper, refrigerate rolled dough for 10 minutes.) Roll remaining dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut out additional stars.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. While hot, reshape and pat edges of each star back into shape with knife. Cool on baking sheet(s) for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack(s) to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in small mixer bowl until fluffy. Spread onto cooled cookies. Place strawberry slices onto each cookie pointing outward. Place 5 to 6 blueberries in center of each cookie. Top each cookie with morsels.