Pies & Tarts
Gingered Key Lime-White Chip Cookie Tart
- Refreshing and elegant this Gingered Key Lime-White Chip Cookie Tart is the perfect ending to a springtime dinner. This 1st Prize winning recipe was developed by Ginnie Prater of Jacksonville, AL and combines a light buttery crust with a tasty lime filling that’s both sweet and tart!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 drop green liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, at room temperature
- Fresh lime slices or zest from fresh lime
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 14-inch pizza pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. With clean hands, mix in 1 1/2 cups morsels, 1 cup almonds and ginger. Spread dough evenly on bottom of prepared pan; build up sides of dough at edge of pan. Place piece of foil on rack below pan to catch drippings.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Combine lime juice and food coloring. Sprinkle gelatin over juice mixture. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in juice mixture on low speed. Spoon filling over tart, leaving edges uncovered (filling will be thin). Refrigerate for 2 hours or until filling is set.
Place remaining 1/2 cup morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small hole in corner and bag and squeeze to drizzle over filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Garnish with lime slices. Cut into slices.