Brownies & Blondies
Fudgy Caramel Brownies
24 brownies (2 dozen)
- Caramel and nut topping make this fudgy brownie special!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks 11.5 oz
NET WT 11.5 OZ (326g)
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Melt 1 cup chunks and butter in large, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in eggs. Add flour, sugar, vanilla extract and baking soda; stir well.
Spread batter into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup chunks and nuts.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
Microwave caramels and milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.