NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Espresso Morsels
- ●2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 teaspoons baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ●2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- ●2 large eggs
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- ●1 2/3 cups (9-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Espresso Morsels, (or substitute with any NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® morsels of your choice)
- ●Coarse or granulated sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
Reserve 2 tablespoons evaporated milk and hold for brushing the tops of the scones.
Combine remaining evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a separate bowl and set aside. Chop butter into pea sized pieces and cut into flour mixture with dough cutter or knife until broken up and mixture is a coarse meal. Stir morsels into the flour mixture, then gently fold in evaporated milk mixture.
Turn dough onto floured surface and roll to 1-inch-thick circle. Cut dough circle into 12 wedges, and place scones onto baking tray. Leave 1-2 inches of space between each scone. Brush tops of scones with reserved evaporated milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Bake scones 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven and place baking tray on wire rack to cool before serving.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.