Espresso Abuelita® Brownies
- ●2 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, chopped
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ●2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●4 tablespoons NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- ●1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ●6 large eggs
- ●2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- ●1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ●1 package (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Espresso Morsels
Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with parchment and cover inside with baking spray.
Melt together the Abuelita® tablets, butter, and cocoa powder over a double boiler. Set aside once melted. Combine coffee granules with 2 tablespoons warm water and add to the butter mixture.
Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix eggs with sugar on low-medium speed until light in color, (approximately 3 min), add vanilla. Stream chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Mix until homogenous in color. Add dry ingredients in 3 installments, then stir in morsels. Spread brownie batter into prepared pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes until knife comes out with slight crumbs. Remove to wire rack; let brownies cool at least 30 minutes before cutting them.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.