Pies & Tarts
Duet of Chocolate and Berry Tart
6 to 8 servings
- Chocolate, strawberries and raspberries combine in this delicate Duet of Chocolate and Berry Tart! A perfect ending to a family get-together or celebration, this wonderful 1st Prize winning recipe was created by Margee Berry of White Salmon, WA.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups medium strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
Melt semi-sweet morsels and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and pecans. Press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 5 minutes.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Heat cream in small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Turn off heat. Add premier white morsels; whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture in small resealable plastic bag.
Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining white morsel mixture from saucepan. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place raspberries and juice in blender container or food processor. Cover; blend or process until crushed. Strain through a strainer into a small saucepan. Discard seeds. Add remaining sugar. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch and add to raspberry mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened; do not boil. Cool to room temperature.
Place strawberries in raspberry mixture to coat. Remove with slotted spoon; arrange over top of tart. Spoon raspberry mixture over tart. Reheat reserved white morsels mixture in microwave oven on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 15 to 20 seconds; knead. Cut small hole in corner of bag; drizzle over tart. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove side of tart pan and place on serving platter before serving.