Fudge & Candy
Crispy Peanut Butterscotch Fudge Squares
- These wonderful Crispy Peanut Butterscotch Fudge Squares will be adored by the dessert lovers in your group. Perfect for entertaining or family snacks.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
NET WT 11 oz (311 g)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 1/2 teaspoons light margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocktail peanuts, chopped
Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan and rubber spatula with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt 4 1/2 teaspoons margarine over low heat in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Add 2 cups marshmallows and 1/4 cup peanut butter; stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal; stir until coated. Press onto bottom of prepared baking using prepared rubber spatula.
Combine 2 tablespoons margarine, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add remaining 2 cups marshmallows, morsels, remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla extract; stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows and morsels are completely melted. Pour over crust. Sprinkle nuts over fudge; press in slightly. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.