Chunky Chocolate Blonde Brownies
- A great combination -- oats and brownies. An easy treat that even a youngster can make on a rainy day.
- ●1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- ●3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 large egg
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 2/3 cups QUAKER OATS® (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ●1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, divided
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl on medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and 1 cup chunks. Spread dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Carefully sprinkle remaining chunks evenly over hot cookie in pan. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Spread softened chocolate evenly with spatula. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.