Pies & Tarts
- Inspire romance any day of the week with this recipe for indulgence. With its divine raspberry mousse and moist yellow sponge cake separated by a thin layer of decadent chocolate, Chocolate Rhapsody is sure to make love abound.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed, pureed and strained
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat 1/2 cup sugar and butter in small mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk. Spread into prepared springform pan.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Microwave morsels and 3/4 cup cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If morsels retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool completely.
Combine 1/3 cup sugar, water and cornstarch in medium saucepan; stir in raspberries. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Cool completely.
Microwave morsels and 1/2 cup cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If morsels retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool completely. Stir into raspberry mixture.
Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream and remaining teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold raspberry mixture into whipped cream.
Remove side of springform pan; dust off crumbs. Grease inside of pan; reattach side. Spread 3/4 cup chocolate mixture over cake layer; freeze for 5 minutes. Spoon raspberry mousse over chocolate; freeze for 10 minutes. Carefully spread remaining chocolate mixture over raspberry mousse. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Carefully remove side of springform pan. Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries.