Blueberry White Chip Muffins
18 muffins (1 1/2 dozen)
- Breakfast or dessert? These blueberry muffins with white chocolate chips are the perfect treat anytime.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels 12 oz
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 375° F. Paper-line 18 muffin cups.
Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in milk, egg, 1/4 cup melted butter and lemon peel. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and blueberries. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling almost full.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of batter in each muffin cup.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
Place remaining 1/2 cup morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.