Chocolate Chip Lemon Streusel Muffins
- Enjoy these delicious muffins from Adrianna Adarme of A Cozy Kitchen morning or night. They’ll make the perfect treat anytime.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels 34.5 oz
NET WT 34.5 OZ (2.15 lb) 978 g
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces (about 1/2 cup) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Cool. In a small bowl, mix melted butter, 2 tablespoon granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2/3 cup flour with hands until clumpy.
Combine lemon zest and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl. Rub the two together until fragrant. Mix in the flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, 5 tablespoons melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Fold in Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Chips and poppy seeds. Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way and top with a handful of streusel.
Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool muffins in their tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.