Choco-Chunk Raspberry Muffins
18 to 20 muffins
- Chocolate and raspberry make a great taste combination. These muffins will be a big hit at your next brunch or family gathering. Shelly Platten of Amherst, WI sent us this winning recipe.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks 11.5 oz
NET WT 11.5 OZ (326g)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen red raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 container (6 ounces) raspberry lowfat yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly coat eighteen to twenty 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Drain raspberries; discard syrup.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, oil and yogurt in medium bowl. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in raspberries and chocolate chunks. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with pecans.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool slightly; serve warm.