Pies & Tarts
Apple Streusel Pie
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sugar Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
NET WT 16 1/2 oz (1 lb 1/2 oz) 467 g
- 1 package (16 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 pounds tart apples (about 4), such as Granny Smith
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
Place softened cookie dough in stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and add 1/2 cup of the flour. Mix on low until flour is incorporated, about 1 minute. Press dough evenly onto bottom and up the side of the prepared pie plate. Refrigerate the dough while you prepare the filling.
Peel, core and slice apples into thin wedges. Combine apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl and toss. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the apple mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 9 minutes or until the apples begin to soften and the liquid becomes syrupy. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and cornstarch and remove from heat. Spoon warm apples into pie shell. Cover with foil (make several slits in the foil using a paring knife to vent).
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove pie from oven and uncover.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, salt and 2 tablespoons butter in small bowl and pinch with your fingers until the butter is incorporated and the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle topping over pie and return to oven. Bake for 15 more minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.