24 cookies (2 dozen)
- Create some back-to-school excitement with this recipe for Alphabet Cookies. Topped with a creamy layer of strawberry frosting and colorful candy sprinkles, these cookies are a great afternoon snack. Fun to decorate and easy to make, kids will love adding a creative and personal flair to these “spellable” treats.
- ●All-purpose flour
- ●1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough
- ●2 cups powdered sugar
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Syrup
- ●1 to 2 tablespoons water
- ●Small tubes decorator icing
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Sprinkle flour over cutting board or kitchen work surface. Break off two rows of cookie dough. Roll out dough to about 1/8-inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking. Press 3-inch alphabet cookie cutters into dough and transfer letters to ungreased baking sheets with spatula.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine sugar, Nesquik and water in medium bowl; beat with whisk or hand-held mixer until smooth. Spread icing over cookies. Allow icing to dry before adding any additional decorations.