Makes 4 servings, 2 wedges per serving
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 cups fresh berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
Place eggs and egg white, flour, evaporated milk, sugar, lemon peel, vanilla extract and salt in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides and blend again if needed. Let mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place a 10-inch cast iron or oven-proof skillet in oven and heat to 425° F. Remove skillet from oven with oven mitts. Add butter to skillet and swirl to coat sides of skillet. Add batter to skillet.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Edges should be deep golden brown and crisp.
Slide onto serving platter or cutting board or serve in skillet if desired. Top with fresh berries; squeeze with lemon juice. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm with syrup.