Soups & Salads
New England Clam Chowder
- Plenty of vegetables make this New England Clam Chowder a hearty and colorful selection your whole family will enjoy.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound (about 3 medium) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each) chopped or minced clams, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook bacon in medium saucepan until crisp; drain. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat. Return reserved bacon fat to saucepan. Add potatoes, carrot, onion and celery. Cook, stirring frequently for 6 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to potato mixture. Stir in clams with juice, salt, bacon, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.