Vegetable Florets with Cheddar Sauce
4 side-dish servings
- This Vegetable Florets with Cheddar Sauce recipe is a great way to trick your family into eating their veggies! Covered in a light and creamy cheese sauce this recipe can’t miss. Try adding garlic powder or other spices to intensify the flavors. Great for weeknight dinners and holiday meals with family.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups (6 ounces) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (6 ounces) broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
Place cauliflower, broccoli and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; remove vegetables from saucepan.
Melt margarine in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Add evaporated milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in mushrooms; remove from heat. Stir in cauliflower and broccoli.