Traditional Macaroni & Cheese
This baked version of Traditional Macaroni & Cheese is quick and easy to prepare. This family favorite is always a welcomed addition for lunch or at dinnertime.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups (about 7 ounces) dry small elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 2-quart casserole dish.
Combine cornstarch, salt, mustard and pepper in medium saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, water, and butter. Cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 1½ cups cheese until melted. Add macaroni; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and light brown.