Upside-Down Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Whether you’re hosting a family gathering or a festive party, this Upside-Down Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake will be a mouth-watering dessert sure to please all your guests! A 1st Prize winning recipe created by Jean Beatty of Leechburg, PA.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Grease paper and sides of pan. Sprinkle morsels, nuts and coconut evenly on bottom of pan.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using eggs, water and oil. Carefully spoon batter over ingredients in prepared pan.
Heat cream cheese and butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted (mixture may not appear smooth). Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle mixture over cake batter.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of chocolate portion comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack. Carefully remove paper. Cool completely. Carefully transfer to serving platter.