Toll House Streusel Muffins
- A delicious streusel topping and chocolate morsels make these easy-to-make muffins a tasty and unique treat for breakfast, brunch or snacks.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
Combine 1 ½ cups flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in ½ cup (1 stick) butter, milk and egg just until moistened. Stir in morsels. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, remaining 3 tablespoons flour and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in small bowl; stir in nuts. Sprinkle generously over muffin batter; press down lightly.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.