Cranberry Chocolate Panini
- This Cranberry Chocolate Panini recipe was a finalist in the Share The Very Best Recipe Contest, and was submitted by Susan Asanovic of Wilton, CT. Panini is reinvented as the ultimate comfort food with the addition of semi-sweet chocolate, dried, sweetened cranberries and milk chocolate morsels rolled into a butter-brushed bread. A fantastic choice to use as a holiday bread.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels 34.5 oz
NET WT 34.5 OZ (2.15 lb) 978 g
- 1/4 cup warm water, (105º F to 115º F)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active-dry or fast-rising yeast
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour, divided
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
Combine water and yeast in large mixer bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture looks creamy. Add evaporated milk, honey, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add 2 cups flour, a half cup at a time, scraping bowl often. Using wooden spoon, stir in morsels and cranberries. Stir in up to 1 cup of the remaining flour. Dough should stick to the spoon and clean itself from side of bowl.
Turn dough out onto slightly floured surface. Knead in additional flour to make a slightly stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Place in greased bowl; turn to grease surface. Cover; let rise in warm place for about 1 hour or until double in size.
Punch dough down. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece into 6 x 4-inch rectangle. Place one square chocolate in center and roll up. Fold ends under. Place on greased baking sheet(s). Cover; let rise in warm place for 15 minutes or until double in size.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Brush rolls with remaining tablespoon butter.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on bottom. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.