Delicious Chocolate Quick Bread
- Delicious Chocolate Quick Bread is easy to make and your family will adore it.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened, divided
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 cup buttermilk or sour milk *
- ●1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided (optional)
- ●3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- ●2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 20 minutes. Top with 1/4 cup morsels and remaining pecans; continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Microwave remaining 1/2 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted; let cool. Beat cooled morsels, remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter and honey in small mixer bowl until fluffy. Makes about 1 cup.
Serve bread with chocolate honey butter.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.