Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- A wonderful treat whether morning, noon or night! This deliciously moist Sour Cream Coffee Cake perfect for entertaining, brunch and family gatherings.
- ●1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- ●2 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- ●1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- ●3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1 cup sour cream
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine 3/4 cup morsels and 1/4 cup milk in a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to combine and melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Toss together remaining 1/2 cup morsels, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in medium bowl until crumbly.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl. Beat remaining 2 cups granulated sugar and remaining 1/3 cup butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in sour cream, eggs, remaining milk and vanilla extract until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Remove 3 cups batter to medium bowl. Stir in melted chocolate mixture. Pour chocolate batter into prepared pan.
Drop tablespoons of remaining batter randomly over chocolate batter. Swirl mixture with knife for marbled effect. Sprinkle morsel mixture over top.
Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.