Pies & Tarts
Simply Elegant Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Silky-smooth perfection. Made with a rich chocolate cookie crust and filled with a delicate chocolate mousse, this tart is sure to please.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 16 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325º F.
Combine crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Microwave chocolate and 1 cup cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Beat remaining 1 cup cream and powdered sugar in chilled medium mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon into prepared crust; smooth top.
Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.