Pies & Tarts
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Chocolate and peanut butter come together to create this elegant and decadent tart. Perfect to serve after any special meal, friends and family are sure to rave about this hard-to-resist dessert.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped peanuts, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Combine flour, 1/4 cup peanuts, granulated sugar and 10 tablespoons (melted) butter in medium bowl. Press dough evenly onto bottom and side of ungreased 9- to 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Spray 10-inch piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray. Gently press oiled side down on top of dough. Using a fork, poke holes through foil and crust to create air vents.
Bake for 15 minutes; remove foil. Continue baking for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and bottom of crust is baked. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Heat cream in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until it just comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in morsels and 2 tablespoons butter. Let stand for 3 minutes. Stir ganache until smooth. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar in small bowl.
Spoon peanut butter mixture onto bottom of prepared crust and spread evenly. Pour ganache on top. Gently tap the pan on the counter to create a smooth surface. Sprinkle surface with remaining tablespoon of chopped peanuts. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Cut into slices and serve.