Simple Chocolate Cake
- Create a homemade chocolate cake with ease!
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted and cooled
- ●1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ●3 large eggs
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup milk
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Beat granulated sugar, 3/4 cup butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Combine flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with 1 cup milk.
Pour into prepared baking pan(s).
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
Microwave 1/2 cup butter and 1/3 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, remaining teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon salt into chocolate mixture until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar alternately with milk until smooth. Makes 2 cups.
Frost cake with chocolate frosting.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.