Brownies & Blondies
Rich Peanut Butterscotch Brownies
48 brownies (4 dozen)
- Peanut butter and butterscotch combine for a new taste sensation in this variation of the brownie. Perfect for dessert or a snack -- kids and adults will love them.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
- 1 package (18.5 ounces) devil's food or chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine cake mix and peanuts in large bowl; stir in butter. Stir in evaporated milk (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into prepared 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels and peanut butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread mixture over baked layer. Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over butterscotch mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (top layer will be soft). Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Place remaining 1/3 cup morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over brownies.