Red Velvet Cake Pops
- ●1 box (15.25 to 16.5 ounces) red velvet, devil’s food or your favorite cake mix
- ●1 cup water
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ●1 cup prepared cream cheese frosting
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●24 to 32 ounces white or dark melting wafers or bark for coating
- ●Colored sprinkles and/or Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels for decorating (optional)
Prepare cake mix using water, eggs and oil according to package directions.
Bake cake according to package directions using a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and 1 cup morsels; stir until texture is similar to cookie dough. Scoop mixture by slightly rounded tablespoon; roll into 1 ½-inch balls. Place on parchment paper-lined tray.
Melt candy coating according to package directions. If balls were in freezer, transfer to refrigerator.
Remove a few balls at a time from refrigerator. Dip tip of 1 (4-inch) lollipop stick into melted coating and then insert halfway into a cake ball. Repeat with additional lollipop sticks and cake balls, transferring to refrigerator to set up for 5 minutes.
Once set, remove a few balls at a time from refrigerator. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, gently tapping off excess. Place on parchment paper-lined tray or in plastic foam block or cake pop stand. Dust with sprinkles or sprinkle with mini morsels.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.