Premier White Lemony Cheesecake
- Premier white baking bars give this elegant and lemony cheesecake a smooth and creamy consistency. Try this in the Spring, Easter or a bridal shower -- to rave reviews.
- ●6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- ●1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 large egg yolk
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- ●1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- ●2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ●1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ●2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●3 large egg whites
- ●1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9-inch springform pan.
Beat butter and sugar in small mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, egg yolk and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until crust is set.
Microwave morsels and cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If morsels retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and 1/4 teaspoon salt in large mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in melted baking bars. Beat in egg whites and whole egg. Pour into crust.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.