Petit Pain au Chocolat
- This lovely Petit Pain au Chocolat recipe was a finalist in the Share The Very Best Recipe Contest, and was submitted by Constance Ipema of Orland Park, IL. For simple elegance in the morning or evening, croissant lovers will enjoy this puff pastry filled with milk chocolate morsels and baked until golden brown, then delicately drizzled with a sweet chocolate icing.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 package (17.25 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 large egg, beaten
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ●1 cup powdered sugar
- ●2 tablespoons hot water
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 2 baking sheets.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll out to make a 10-inch square. Cut into 4 squares. Place 2 tablespoons milk chocolate morsels in center of each square. Brush edges lightly with beaten egg and fold squares to form triangles. Press edges to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet. Brush top of each pastry with beaten egg.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Melt semi-sweet morsels and butter in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If morsels retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Stir in sugar. Add water, stirring until icing is smooth, adding additional water, if necessary. Drizzle icing over pastries.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.