Fudge & Candy
NESTLÉ® Very Best Fudge
48 servings (2 pieces per serving)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups (24 ounces) or two 12-ounce packages NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped DIAMOND OF CALIFORNIA® pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan or two 8-inch-square baking pans with foil.
Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in 4- to 5-quart heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared pan(s). Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into pieces. Store tightly covered in refrigerator. Makes about 4 pounds.