Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Enjoy these delicious molten cakes with a deep, rich chocolate center. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or add a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream for a truly elegant dessert.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 OZ (283 g)
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 425° F. Generously butter six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with 2 tablespoons butter.
Stir remaining 3/4 cup butter and chocolate in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Beat eggs, egg yolks, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until thick and pale yellow, about 8 minutes. Fold 1/3 of chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate mixture and flour until well blended. Divide batter evenly among prepared ramekins. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until sides are set and 1-inch centers move slightly when shaken. Remove from oven to wire rack.
To serve, run a thin knife around top edge of cakes to loosen slightly; carefully invert onto serving plates. Lift ramekins off of cakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.