Mochaccino-Caramel Lava Cakes
- Set hearts aflutter with these individual Mochaccino-Caramel Lava Cakes that excite the senses. A blend of coffee, caramel and chocolate make this dessert a guilty pleasure.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE French Roast 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 bite-size caramel-filled chocolates
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla light ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray four 6-ounce ovenproof coffee cups or ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt butter, granulated sugar, water and coffee granules in medium saucepan over medium heat; stir well. Place morsels in large mixer bowl. Pour melted butter mixture over morsels; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt.
Pour batter evenly into prepared coffee cups. Drop one bite-size chocolate into center of each cup; press in so that it is completely covered. Place cups on rimmed baking sheet.
Bake on center oven rack for 24 to 26 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly (center will be molten). Cool for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with scoop of ice cream.