Mini Morsel Cupcakes
- Perfect for taking to school on birthdays, these chocolate Mini Morsel Cupcakes are topped with creamy chocolate frosting and sprinkled with mini chocolate chips.
- ●2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 teaspoons baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- ●1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened, divided
- ●3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ●4 large eggs
- ●1 1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- ●2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375º F. Paperline or grease 24 muffin cups.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat granulated sugar, 1 cup (2 sticks) butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with 1 cup milk. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Cool in pans for 10 minutes on wire racks; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Microwave 1 cup morsels in a medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Beat powdered sugar, remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, remaining 1/4 cup milk, remaining teaspoon vanilla extract and melted chocolate in small mixing bowl until creamy.
Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup morsels.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.