Fudge & Candy
Maple Oat Fudge Squares
- Surprise your guests with this delicious fudge alternative. These Maple Oat Fudge Squares take just 30 minutes to prepare and are sure to be a hit.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels 12 oz
- 4 cups (8 ounces) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons light margarine
- 3 cups toasted whole grain oat cereal
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Combine 2 cups marshmallows and margarine in medium saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat; stir in cereal until coated. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, using spatula coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine margarine, sugar, evaporated milk and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add remaining 2 cups marshmallows, morsels and maple flavoring; stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows and morsels are completely melted. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle with nuts; press in slightly. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.