Incredible Banana Split Cake
12 to 16 servings
- Perfect for a holiday brunch! This moist tender “Incredible Banana Split Cake” combines bananas, pineapple pieces, strawberries and Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels together to make a simple but elegant cake. Michelle A. Sheppard of Nashua, NH developed this recipe.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and lightly flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine reserved pineapple juice and buttermilk in small bowl.
Beat 1/2 cup butter in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla extract; beat well. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels and 1/4 cup of the walnuts. Gently fold in drained pineapple tidbits, strawberries and banana. Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Heat remaining 3/4 cup morsels, remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons light corn syrup in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Use immediately. Drizzle over cake slices, then sprinkle slices with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.