French Chocolate Cheesecake
- If you like cheesecake and chocolate, you’ll want to try this 1st Prize winning recipe from Marcia Gerdes of Klamath Falls, OR. NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels combine with cream cheese for a chocolaty, rich filling atop a nutty walnut crust. Served with caramel sauce this delicious French Chocolate Cheesecake is sure to please all the chocolate lovers in your family!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- Whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place nuts, 1/4 cup brown sugar, flour and melted butter in food processor container; cover. Process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press onto bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Heat 2 cups cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool for 15 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until just combined. Add eggs; stir until just combined. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on baking sheet.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of springform pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in small saucepan. Stir in remaining 1 cup brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup cream. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
Serve cheesecake with warm caramel sauce and whipped cream.