Devil's Food Cake
- ●2 cups all purpose flour
- ●1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1 cup mayonnaise
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ●1 cup warm water
- ●2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ●1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 8-inch-round baking pans.
Combine flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar and cocoa in large mixer bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and vanilla extract; beat for 2 minutes. Combine warm water and baking soda in small bowl. Add to cocoa mixture slowly while beating until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers come out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes; invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
Bring cream, butter and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar to a simmer in medium, heavy-duty saucepan, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat. Add morsels; let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla extract. Pour into medium bowl. Refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until frosting is thick enough to spread. Frost cake with frosting.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.