Chocolate Truffle Cake With Strawberry Sauce
- Chocolate Truffle Cake With Strawberry Sauce was a finalist in the Share The Very Best Recipe Contest. Submitted by Waydella Hart of Parsons, KS., this chocolate cake combines the flavors of deep, rich chocolate with luscious, sweet strawberries.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels
- ●1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- ●3 large eggs
- ●2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- ●1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- ●2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- ●2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ●Garnish suggestions: whipped topping, fresh strawberries, mint leaves
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan. Melt 1 cup milk chocolate morsels and butter in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
Beat eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove side of pan.
Melt remaining 3/4 cup milk chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels and peanut butter in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool slightly. Spread glaze over top and side of cooled cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
Place strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving time. To serve, cut into wedges. Garnish with strawberry sauce, whipped cream, strawberries and mint leaves.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.