Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa
- ●3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ●2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●2 cups milk
- ●3 large egg yolks
- ●1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ●1 loaf (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed, divided (1 slice reserved)
- ●2 tablespoons crème de cacao, divided
- ●1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, divided
- ●1/2 to 1 cup fresh raspberries, for garnish
- ●1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa (optional)
Combine cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Gradually add milk. Whisk in egg yolks until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; stir until melted. Press plastic wrap on surface; refrigerate.
Beat cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Cut cake into 1/2-inch thick slices. Cut one slice into thin strips; reserve for top. In 2-quart straight-sided bowl, layer half cake slices, 1 tablespoon crème de cacao, 1/8 cup jam, half chocolate custard and half whipped cream. Repeat layers with remaining cake slices (less reserved slice), remaining 1 tablespoon crème de cacao, remaining 1/8 cup jam, and remaining chocolate custard. Top with reserved cake strips, remaining whipped cream, and remaining 1/4 cup morsels. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour. Garnish with raspberries; sprinkle with cocoa.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.