Puddings & Flans
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
18 servings, about 1/2 cup each
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
- 1 loaf (about 16 ounces) crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 package or 12 dough squares NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- Vanilla light ice cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Toss bread cubes and melted butter on ungreased, large baking sheet. Spread out evenly.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 10 minutes on sheet on wire rack.
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Transfer toasted bread cubes to prepared baking dish and let cool completely.
Whisk evaporated milk, water, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl. Pour custard mixture over the top of the bread cubes pressing down on the bread, so it is mostly submerged in the liquid. Let stand for 1 hour, pressing down on bread once or twice.
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Break 12 cookie dough squares in half and dot bread mixture with dough pieces. Cover the dish snugly with foil.
Bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove foil and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes until custard is set and the top is golden brown. Serve warm with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.