Chocolate Coffee Cake Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 OZ (283 g)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
Mix 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside. In a separate mixer bowl on low-medium speed, combine 5 tablespoons butter, granulated sugar and oil until thoroughly mixed. Add eggs one at a time and mix. Add yogurt and mix thoroughly. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in morsels.
Divide the batter in half. Place one half in the bottoms of the muffin liners. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, 3 1/2 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg and mix using a fork until crumbly but combined. Mixture should resemble a coarse meal. Place 1 tablespoon streusel over batter in each muffin liner. Cover the streusel in the liners with the remaining half of the batter, then finish by topping the muffins with the remaining streusel.
Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Let muffins cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Let muffins cool before serving.